Last week I took a much needed break from writing my second book and attended a 2 day blogging event in Shoreditch called The Blogcademy. A friend from New Zealand had been staying with me over Christmas and introduced me to the blog of Gala Darling – a fellow Kiwi and well known style blogger. […]
I went along to The Molinard perfumery in the hope that I could do the perfumery tour followed by their perfume making class. Unfortunately when I got there, and despite the fact that the guide spoke perfect English, I was told the tour would only be in French due to demand. That was a bit […]
A trip to Grasse would not be complete without a little perfume making class so I decided to try out the offerings of both Galimard and Molinard. I had heard that Fragonard was quite touristy and the fact they have their logo plastered on evey bit of empty space in and around Grasse I decided […]
As you have probably all gathered by now I’m better at tweeting what I’m up to than blogging about it – it is quick & spontaneous and I can do it on the move. However there is only so much you can say in 140 characters so I really felt I should take the time […]
Just like the juice in Fame by Lady Gaga this ad for Chanel No.5 could have been so great. With a big budget & Brad Pitt, Chanel who have put out some gorgeous mini movie type ads for their fragrances in the past seem to have lost the plot with this one! There is so […]
In March 2010 I decided to take a backseat from my retail business and do more of the things I love which mostly involves one or more of the above. Since that decision was made I haven’t looked back and have been extremely busy enjoying life and working hard on my teaching business which has […]
Talking to many perfumers they would say it is an art but I’m not sure that the companies they are creating for would agree. Look at any large distribution fragrance brand and you will notice that the art goes into the advertising campaign and the packaging – the juice is almost an afterthought. The huge […]
A Review of Perfumersworld Foundation & Professional Level Workshops If you’ve ever looked on Google for perfumery classes or suppliers of aroma chemicals in small quantities, then you’ll no doubt have come across Perfumersworld in Thailand. The chances are that you’ll have looked at the website, which is a little difficult to navigate, and thought […]
When I tell people who don’t know me what I do the first thing they say is “you must have a really good nose” or “you must be really sensitive to smells” . If they have an interest in learning perfumery they ask “how do I train my nose” Anosmia aside, I do not believe […]
One of the questions I get asked most often is how to make a moisturiser for an oily or combination skin. Having this type of skin myself I understand the reluctance to put more oil on the skin and the confusion as to what ingredients to include when making your own creams and lotions When […]
Sign Up To My Mailing List
- Mahesh G. said Myrrh, nagarmotha and jatamasi (spikenard) have to...
- casim nhlapo said Thank you karen. I’ll order it
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Chantelle Yes it is, I think the quality is goo...
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Casim My book is out in September on Amazon her...
- Chantelle said Is your apricot kernel oil from Naturally Thinking...
- The Art and Technology of Perfumery Workshop 12. May, 2013
- Who Really Made Your Perfume….. 13. Jun, 2012
- Creating a Moisturiser for Oily or Combination Skin 30. Jul, 2012
- Self Sufficiency Courses Come To Bermondsey Fayre 10. Sep, 2010
- REPLACE YOUR BATHROOM CABINET 24. Jul, 2010
- New Online Perfume Course 30. Oct, 2013
- Malaysia Perfumery Adventures 08. Oct, 2013
- The Alchemist’s Dressing Table 27. Aug, 2013
- MAKE A SOLID PERFUME 27. Aug, 2013
- Are you going to join me on one of my last few classes this year? 22. Jul, 2013
- Mahesh G.: Myrrh, nagarmotha and jatamasi (spikenard) have to...
- casim nhlapo: Thank you karen. I'll order it...
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Chantelle Yes it is, I think the quality is go...
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Casim My book is out in September on Amazon he...
- Chantelle: Is your apricot kernel oil from Naturally Thinking...