There is so much to say about the rose and it’s use in fragrance it could take up a whole book on it’s own. I was never really that much of a fan of rose perfumes growing up as they always had a bit of an “old lady” connotation and it wasn’t until I really […]
Perfumery Workshop, London, UK September 2015 Read my review HERE The Art and Technology of Perfumery Perfumery Course and Workshop Date: 14th – 18th September 2015 Venue (tbc): The Mary Ward Centre, Bloomsbury London UK Cost: £850 (includes lunches) BOOK HERE I am really excited to be hosting this workshop in London for Stephen and […]
Earlier this year a group of fragrance fans and bloggers went on a trip to The Osmothèque in Versailles with Odette Toilette and for some reason by the time I found out about it (always check your spam folder regularly folks!) it was already sold out. So when I found out that Odette in partnership […]
As the weather gets warmer and we spend more time outside in nature it seems only fitting to look to floral fragrances. They can be light and transparent with watery green notes or rich and heady reminiscent of exotic tropical blooms. Ever popular, especially for summer weddings, the floral category is possibly the most wide […]
Wow 1st of May already! A very significant day to start my fragrance ingredients series with Lily-of-the-Valley or Muguet (pronounced moo-gay) as it’s known in perfumery. The French tradition of giving lily-of-the-valley flowers on May Day is supposed to have begun on May 1st, 1561, when King Charles IX of France was presented with a […]
I meet so many new and would be entrepreneurs every day, some struggling with their business and some doing very well. I’ve been in business for over 10 years now and in the early days it was a huge struggle. I was my own boss which was great but I found myself working really hard […]
What you can learn from Taylor’s “Swiftmas” To create an authentic relationship with your customers and create raving fans for your brand Before October 2014 I had never heard a Taylor Swift song, seen an interview with her or actually even considered her in in way shape or form. All I really knew about […]
To say I’ve traveled a lot this year is an understatement. For someone who hates flying I’ve certainly racked up more than a few longhaul airmiles and have got really good at flinging things last minute into a suitcase. Luckily my minimalistic beauty routine has really come into it’s own. People are always surprised that […]
Are you on Facebook? If not and you are in business then you need to get on it right away. If you are and you get annoyed by it and think it is a waste of time then you are probably using it like a consumer rather than an entrepreneur. You see Facebook can be […]
I haven’t done a video tutorial in a while and one of the biggest stumbling blocks I see with my clients is “My Website Isn’t Ready”. There are lots of stand alone shopping carts out there but I wanted to show you the one I use which enables you to sell without an actual website. […]
Sign Up To My Mailing List
- Karen Gilbert said Unfortunately essential oils do not have a strong...
- Rudolphine said Thank you very much for this information. I was ju...
- Make, Do, Mend: DIY Milk Bath | Lifestyle, Craft, Music and DIY said This year i bought Karen Gilbert’s lovely and acce...
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Mac, I do have an online course that you can do...
- Karen Gilbert said That’s great Angie – glad you like the
- The Art and Technology of Perfumery Workshop 27. May, 2015
- Who Really Made Your Perfume….. 13. Jun, 2012
- Creating a Moisturiser for Oily or Combination Skin 30. Jul, 2012
- Self Sufficiency Courses Come To Bermondsey Fayre 10. Sep, 2010
- The Cost Of Perfume Part 2 – Packaging 29. Jan, 2014
- Perfumer Alberto Morillas 24. Nov, 2015
- Chypre Fragrances 17. Nov, 2015
- Learning To Say No – Lady Gaga Style 10. Nov, 2015
- Marine Notes in Perfume 03. Nov, 2015
- The Fougere Fragrance Family 14. Oct, 2015
- Karen Gilbert: Unfortunately essential oils do not have a strong ...
- Rudolphine: Thank you very much for this information. I was ju...
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Mac, I do have an online course that you can do...
- Karen Gilbert: That's great Angie - glad you like them...
- Mac: Hi Karen, I just wanted to say that I had always ...