It was my birthday on Monday and I had an idea. I wanted to give something to my readers and mailing list subscribers as a bit of a deal to celebrate. It was inspired by my business coach who always has great ideas on how to give abundantly. I’ve been talking to lots of people […]
I saw someone share this video on Facebook this morning and it took me right back to the reason I do what I do. Some see the beauty and fragrance industry as a “shallow pool” if you like and I know what we all do goes much deeper than what you may see on the […]
Today’s post comes from The Refinery Hotel in NYC where me and the mister are on holiday for our 17th anniversary. One of the things that really struck me about the first part of our USA adventure is branding and how, when a company gets it right it just adds a little extra something to […]
In part 1 of this series about the costs that go into creating a perfume we looked at the ingredients. In part 2 we looked at packaging, part 3 the marketing campaign and part 4 distribution. Today we are looking at the final bit of the puzzle and that is: Brand Positioning I would probably […]
How’s your week going? Mine’s going well except I have a confession – I haven’t written the blog post I said I was going to. Part 5 of my series “The Cost Of Perfume” just hasn’t happened and here’s why. Do you ever have those weeks where you think you’ve been really productive but instead […]
Here are the links to my series “The Cost Of Perfume” on one handy page Part 1 – Ingredients Part 2 – Packaging Part 3 – Marketing Part 4 -Distribution Part 5 – Brand Positioning
At the end of last year I did a small test launch of my online perfumery course which went very well indeed and I currently have a lovely group of budding perfumers in the private FaceBook group. I’ve tested running it over several weeks and also giving everyone immediate access to all the materials at […]
In part 1 of this series about the costs that go into creating a perfume we looked at the ingredients. In part 2 we looked at packaging and part 3 the marketing campaign. Today I’m going to look at something that may or may not apply to a small fragrance brand but is definitely something […]
In part 1 of this series about the costs that go into creating a perfume we looked at the ingredients and in part 2 we looked at packaging. Today I’m going to delve into something that is a huge chunk of “where the money goes” for most large brands but can also be true for […]
In today’s look at what contributes to the price of a fragrance, niche or otherwise I’m going to talk about: Packaging In an industry that has thousands of new launches a year it can be difficult for a brand to be heard above the noise of those with the biggest budgets and the most outrageous […]
Sign Up To My Mailing List
- Make, Do, Mend: DIY Milk Bath | Lifestyle, Craft, Music and DIY said This year i bought Karen Gilbert’s lovely and acce...
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Mac, I do have an online course that you can do...
- Karen Gilbert said That’s great Angie – glad you like the
- Mac said Hi Karen, I just wanted to say that I had always l...
- Angie said Got these today, they are great bottles, super fas...
- The Art and Technology of Perfumery Workshop 27. May, 2015
- Who Really Made Your Perfume….. 13. Jun, 2012
- Creating a Moisturiser for Oily or Combination Skin 30. Jul, 2012
- Self Sufficiency Courses Come To Bermondsey Fayre 10. Sep, 2010
- The Cost Of Perfume Part 2 – Packaging 29. Jan, 2014
- Green Notes in Perfume 29. Jul, 2015
- Learning to create perfume for room fragrances and other bases 20. Jul, 2015
- Fruity Notes in Perfume 15. Jul, 2015
- Citrus Notes In Perfume 08. Jul, 2015
- Naturals versus Synthetics in Perfumery 23. Jun, 2015
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Mac, I do have an online course that you can do...
- Karen Gilbert: That's great Angie - glad you like them...
- Mac: Hi Karen, I just wanted to say that I had always ...
- Angie: Got these today, they are great bottles, super fas...
- Karen Gilbert: They are back in stock now Serge...