How’s your week going? Mine’s going well except I have a confession – I haven’t written the blog post I said I was going to. Part 5 of my series “The Cost Of Perfume” just hasn’t happened and here’s why. Do you ever have those weeks where you think you’ve been really productive but instead […]
Here are the links to my series “The Cost Of Perfume” on one handy page Part 1 – Ingredients Part 2 – Packaging Part 3 – Marketing Part 4 -Distribution
At the end of last year I did a small test launch of my online perfumery course which went very well indeed and I currently have a lovely group of budding perfumers in the private FaceBook group. I’ve tested running it over several weeks and also giving everyone immediate access to all the materials at […]
In part 1 of this series about the costs that go into creating a perfume we looked at the ingredients. In part 2 we looked at packaging and part 3 the marketing campaign. Today I’m going to look at something that may or may not apply to a small fragrance brand but is definitely something […]
I was planning on writing part 4 of The Cost of Perfume” today but something dropped into my inbox this week that I thought I’d share with you all instead. I meet so many new and would be entrepreneurs every day, some struggling with their business and some doing very well. I’ve been in business […]
In part 1 of this series about the costs that go into creating a perfume we looked at the ingredients and in part 2 we looked at packaging. Today I’m going to delve into something that is a huge chunk of “where the money goes” for most large brands but can also be true for […]
***NEW DATE 2014*** Perfumery Workshop, London, UK September 2014 The Art and Technology of Perfumery Perfumery Course and Workshop London, UK, 22nd – 26th September 2014 Fairfield Halls, Croydon Cost: £800 (payment by paypal below) Book by May 2014 to pay in installments. 5 Day PerfumersWorld Installment Number of payments 4 Start payments At checkout […]
In today’s look at what contributes to the price of a fragrance, niche or otherwise I’m going to talk about: Packaging In an industry that has thousands of new launches a year it can be difficult for a brand to be heard above the noise of those with the biggest budgets and the most outrageous […]
A question that’s come up a few times this week is how much of the cost of a perfume relates to the fragrance itself and does more expensive equal better quality. Does a niche fragrance cost more because the ingredients are better quality or is it just hype? There is no easy answer to this as […]
Something to think about for 2014? A friend shared this with me on Facebook today and the timing was perfect – something for us all to think about as we head into a new year. I did the exercises in the video (takes 7 minutes) and found it really helpful in clarifying my direction for […]
Sign Up To My Mailing List
- mansoor said Yep some time packaging and shape of bottle attrac...
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Gael It is difficult to know but all I would sa...
- Gael said Thanks Karen, Enjoyed reading your post. I’...
- Mahesh G. said Myrrh, nagarmotha and jatamasi (spikenard) have to...
- casim nhlapo said Thank you karen. I’ll order it
- The Art and Technology of Perfumery Workshop 30. Jan, 2014
- Who Really Made Your Perfume….. 13. Jun, 2012
- Creating a Moisturiser for Oily or Combination Skin 30. Jul, 2012
- Self Sufficiency Courses Come To Bermondsey Fayre 10. Sep, 2010
- The Cost Of Perfume Part 2 – Packaging 29. Jan, 2014
- Why trying to do everything achieves nothing – a confession 06. Mar, 2014
- What Does It Take To Create A Perfume Brand 06. Mar, 2014
- An Introduction To Perfumery – Free Online Class 26. Feb, 2014
- The Cost Of Perfume – Part 4 Distribution 20. Feb, 2014
- Do you have your own business or dream of starting one? 12. Feb, 2014
- mansoor: Yep some time packaging and shape of bottle attrac...
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Gael It is difficult to know but all I would s...
- Gael: Thanks Karen, Enjoyed reading your post. I've b...
- Mahesh G.: Myrrh, nagarmotha and jatamasi (spikenard) have to...
- casim nhlapo: Thank you karen. I'll order it...