“Wish You Could Make Your Own Natural Perfume?” Without wading though tonnes of information that doesn’t help move you closer to your dreams. You’ve read a few blogs. You’ve played around with some essential oils. Perhaps you’ve even done a course or two.. But you’re still stuck! Does This Sound Like You? READ MORE
I’ve just arrived in Sydney Australia after a fabulous but busy 4 days in KL Malaysia teaching a class with Pial Khadilla of Asia Essentials. http://www.kosmetikpower.blogspot.com.au/ We had lots of eager students who had never had the opportunity to study perfumery or skincare formulation before as nothing like it is available in Malaysia. Pial managed […]
Possibly one of the most gorgeous things I’ve seen in a while! Royal College of Art graduate Lauren Davies has designed a range of copper, maple and glass tools to make scented oils, creams and cosmetics at home (+ slideshow). The Alchemist’s Dressing Table project by Lauren Davies features a three-tier distiller for making scented oils, a scent […]
Pretty vintage pillboxes are very easy to find in antique shops or markets and make perfect containers for solid perfumes. Using a solid perfume is a luxurious experience in itself as the oils and waxes warm on the skin gently releasing the scent. You can blend oils and absolutes purely for their fragrance appeal […]
I know it’s a bit of a cliche to say that the year has flown by but it really has! It’s been such a whirlwind, I can’t believe it’s almost August. In 2014 I’m going to be restructuring my classes slightly and focusing more on my online programmes, the first of which is launching this […]
Today I was walking through Victoria Station on my way to see my chiropractor and I caught a whiff of cooking that took me right back to my childhood. It was not an overly pleasant smell but it immediately transported me back to being around 8 or 9 when my great aunt used to take […]
I’ve had a lot of questions recently from people wanted to just get started in making their own perfume at home using both an alcohol base and an oil base. It reminded me that I wrote some blog posts three years ago which you may not have seen as they have been pushed way down […]
Today’s FAQ is all about preservatives in home made creams and lotions. I’ve included a quick training session for you in the video but do feel free to leave a comment or further questions on preservatives below.
I had a question this week from Annette asking for a body moisturiser for dry skin. She has found shea butter to be very effective but really wanted to mix it with something else. This reminded me of a lotion bar tutorial I did a while ago for Videojug and I realised I hadn’t added […]
Today’s question is something I get asked time and time again by people starting out in making their own skincare products so I figured it would be best to include it in a FAQ Friday video. The question is: Why is my home made cream or lotion too runny? When you are starting out making […]
Sign Up To My Mailing List
- Mahesh G. said Myrrh, nagarmotha and jatamasi (spikenard) have to...
- casim nhlapo said Thank you karen. I’ll order it
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Chantelle Yes it is, I think the quality is goo...
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Casim My book is out in September on Amazon her...
- Chantelle said Is your apricot kernel oil from Naturally Thinking...
- The Art and Technology of Perfumery Workshop 12. May, 2013
- Who Really Made Your Perfume….. 13. Jun, 2012
- Creating a Moisturiser for Oily or Combination Skin 30. Jul, 2012
- Self Sufficiency Courses Come To Bermondsey Fayre 10. Sep, 2010
- REPLACE YOUR BATHROOM CABINET 24. Jul, 2010
- New Online Perfume Course 30. Oct, 2013
- Malaysia Perfumery Adventures 08. Oct, 2013
- The Alchemist’s Dressing Table 27. Aug, 2013
- MAKE A SOLID PERFUME 27. Aug, 2013
- Are you going to join me on one of my last few classes this year? 22. Jul, 2013
- Mahesh G.: Myrrh, nagarmotha and jatamasi (spikenard) have to...
- casim nhlapo: Thank you karen. I'll order it...
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Chantelle Yes it is, I think the quality is go...
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Casim My book is out in September on Amazon he...
- Chantelle: Is your apricot kernel oil from Naturally Thinking...