Earlier this year a group of fragrance fans and bloggers went on a trip to The Osmothèque in Versailles with Odette Toilette and for some reason by the time I found out about it (always check your spam folder regularly folks!) it was already sold out. So when I found out that Odette in partnership […]
As the weather gets warmer and we spend more time outside in nature it seems only fitting to look to floral fragrances. They can be light and transparent with watery green notes or rich and heady reminiscent of exotic tropical blooms. Ever popular, especially for summer weddings, the floral category is possibly the most wide […]
Wow 1st of May already! A very significant day to start my fragrance ingredients series with Lily-of-the-Valley or Muguet (pronounced moo-gay) as it’s known in perfumery. The French tradition of giving lily-of-the-valley flowers on May Day is supposed to have begun on May 1st, 1561, when King Charles IX of France was presented with a […]
Are you on Facebook? If not and you are in business then you need to get on it right away. If you are and you get annoyed by it and think it is a waste of time then you are probably using it like a consumer rather than an entrepreneur. You see Facebook can be […]
Want a perfume inspired vase for your lounge? I found this lovely tutorial on the Beauty Lab blog, originally I thought it was an oversized display bottle with the top cut off but it’s not – just a clever font match. The article is in Dutch but just run it through Google translate. Find the […]
Do you want to create your own fragrance or just learn more about perfumery? I have been wanting to run a class for my Australian readers for ages so when Portia of Australian Perfume Junkies suggested fitting one into my September trip to Sydney I jumped at the chance. All my classes are very in […]
Perfumery Workshop, London, UK September 2014 Read my review HERE The Art and Technology of Perfumery Perfumery Course and Workshop Date: 22nd – 26th September 2014 Venue: Fairfield Halls, Croydon, UK >I am really excited to be hosting this workshop in London for Stephen and the Perfumer’s World Team! Read more about Stephen HERE Workshop […]
In part 1 of this series about the costs that go into creating a perfume we looked at the ingredients. In part 2 we looked at packaging, part 3 the marketing campaign and part 4 distribution. Today we are looking at the final bit of the puzzle and that is: Brand Positioning I would probably […]
How’s your week going? Mine’s going well except I have a confession – I haven’t written the blog post I said I was going to. Part 5 of my series “The Cost Of Perfume” just hasn’t happened and here’s why. Do you ever have those weeks where you think you’ve been really productive but instead […]
Here are the links to my series “The Cost Of Perfume” on one handy page Part 1 – Ingredients Part 2 – Packaging Part 3 – Marketing Part 4 -Distribution Part 5 – Brand Positioning
Sign Up To My Mailing List
- Make, Do, Mend: DIY Milk Bath | Lifestyle, Craft, Music and DIY said This year i bought Karen Gilbert’s lovely and acce...
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Mac, I do have an online course that you can do...
- Karen Gilbert said That’s great Angie – glad you like the
- Mac said Hi Karen, I just wanted to say that I had always l...
- Angie said Got these today, they are great bottles, super fas...
- The Art and Technology of Perfumery Workshop 07. May, 2014
- Who Really Made Your Perfume….. 13. Jun, 2012
- Creating a Moisturiser for Oily or Combination Skin 30. Jul, 2012
- The Cost Of Perfume Part 2 – Packaging 29. Jan, 2014
- Self Sufficiency Courses Come To Bermondsey Fayre 10. Sep, 2010
- The Osmotheque comes to London 20. May, 2015
- Floral Fragrances 13. May, 2015
- Muguet for May Day 01. May, 2015
- Do you have your own business or dream of starting one? 19. Feb, 2015
- Why you need to “Swiftify” your business in 2015 05. Jan, 2015
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Mac, I do have an online course that you can do...
- Karen Gilbert: That's great Angie - glad you like them...
- Mac: Hi Karen, I just wanted to say that I had always ...
- Angie: Got these today, they are great bottles, super fas...
- Karen Gilbert: They are back in stock now Serge...