“Wish You Could Make Your Own Natural Perfume?” Without wading though tonnes of information that doesn’t help move you closer to your dreams. You’ve read a few blogs. You’ve played around with some essential oils. Perhaps you’ve even done a course or two.. But you’re still stuck! Does This Sound Like You? READ MORE
I’ve just arrived in Sydney Australia after a fabulous but busy 4 days in KL Malaysia teaching a class with Pial Khadilla of Asia Essentials. http://www.kosmetikpower.blogspot.com.au/ We had lots of eager students who had never had the opportunity to study perfumery or skincare formulation before as nothing like it is available in Malaysia. Pial managed […]
Possibly one of the most gorgeous things I’ve seen in a while! Royal College of Art graduate Lauren Davies has designed a range of copper, maple and glass tools to make scented oils, creams and cosmetics at home (+ slideshow). The Alchemist’s Dressing Table project by Lauren Davies features a three-tier distiller for making scented oils, a scent […]
Pretty vintage pillboxes are very easy to find in antique shops or markets and make perfect containers for solid perfumes. Using a solid perfume is a luxurious experience in itself as the oils and waxes warm on the skin gently releasing the scent. You can blend oils and absolutes purely for their fragrance appeal […]
I know it’s a bit of a cliche to say that the year has flown by but it really has! It’s been such a whirlwind, I can’t believe it’s almost August. In 2014 I’m going to be restructuring my classes slightly and focusing more on my online programmes, the first of which is launching this […]
I’ve had a lot of questions recently from people wanted to just get started in making their own perfume at home using both an alcohol base and an oil base. It reminded me that I wrote some blog posts three years ago which you may not have seen as they have been pushed way down […]
***NEW DATE 2013*** Perfumery Workshop, London, UK September 2013 The Art and Technology of Perfumery Perfumery Course and Workshop London, UK, 9th-13th September 2013 The Mary Ward Centre, WC1 Cost: £800 (payment by paypal below) *Please see terms and conditions for all class bookings before purchase I am really excited to be hosting this workshop […]
Today’s question comes from Maureen – she asked: “How do I go about creating a signature fragrance for my product line” This is something I get asked a lot from people who want to learn perfumery to create fragrances for their own business. There are two routes that you can go down; one is […]
Today’s question comes from Debbie: “My dilemma is that I love making products with essential oils. All of my body products are made with essential oils and so I wanted to use them for candles and some wax melt tarts that I’m going to be making with beeswax and soy. However I’ve had a lot […]
Sign Up To My Mailing List
- Mahesh G. said Myrrh, nagarmotha and jatamasi (spikenard) have to...
- casim nhlapo said Thank you karen. I’ll order it
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Chantelle Yes it is, I think the quality is goo...
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Casim My book is out in September on Amazon her...
- Chantelle said Is your apricot kernel oil from Naturally Thinking...
- The Art and Technology of Perfumery Workshop 12. May, 2013
- Who Really Made Your Perfume….. 13. Jun, 2012
- Creating a Moisturiser for Oily or Combination Skin 30. Jul, 2012
- Self Sufficiency Courses Come To Bermondsey Fayre 10. Sep, 2010
- REPLACE YOUR BATHROOM CABINET 24. Jul, 2010
- New Online Perfume Course 30. Oct, 2013
- Malaysia Perfumery Adventures 08. Oct, 2013
- The Alchemist’s Dressing Table 27. Aug, 2013
- MAKE A SOLID PERFUME 27. Aug, 2013
- Are you going to join me on one of my last few classes this year? 22. Jul, 2013
- Mahesh G.: Myrrh, nagarmotha and jatamasi (spikenard) have to...
- casim nhlapo: Thank you karen. I'll order it...
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Chantelle Yes it is, I think the quality is go...
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Casim My book is out in September on Amazon he...
- Chantelle: Is your apricot kernel oil from Naturally Thinking...