People always ask me what products I use and “do I always make my own” – the honest anwer is no not always and not every product. When it comes to skincare you may think I have loads of products I use but I’m a complete minimalist at heart and my philosophy for skincare is […]
Pretty vintage pillboxes are very easy to find in antique shops or markets and make perfect containers for solid perfumes. Using a solid perfume is a luxurious experience in itself as the oils and waxes warm on the skin gently releasing the scent. You can blend oils and absolutes purely for their fragrance appeal […]
I had a question this week from Annette asking for a body moisturiser for dry skin. She has found shea butter to be very effective but really wanted to mix it with something else. This reminded me of a lotion bar tutorial I did a while ago for Videojug and I realised I hadn’t added […]
Happy Valentines Day! The fact that it’s Valentines day got me thinking about a little business I had way back when I was just starting to get to grips with the internet – I know, romantic huh! Actually it was also the fact that I was looking through some old notebooks for simple fragrance formulae […]
One of the questions I get asked most often is how to make a moisturiser for an oily or combination skin. Having this type of skin myself I understand the reluctance to put more oil on the skin and the confusion as to what ingredients to include when making your own creams and lotions When […]
Today, I’m going to show you how to make homemade hand cream. So, what you’ll need is 15 mL of jojoba oil, 6 grams of emulsifying wax, 6 grams of cetyl alcohol and 10 grams of shea butter. You’ll also need 55 mL of water or flower water, 1ml preservative, 5 mL of glycerine, which […]
This recipe is from my book A Green Guide To Natural Beauty
Sign Up To My Mailing List
- Make, Do, Mend: DIY Milk Bath | Lifestyle, Craft, Music and DIY said This year i bought Karen Gilbert’s lovely and acce...
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Mac, I do have an online course that you can do...
- Karen Gilbert said That’s great Angie – glad you like the
- Mac said Hi Karen, I just wanted to say that I had always l...
- Angie said Got these today, they are great bottles, super fas...
- The Art and Technology of Perfumery Workshop 07. May, 2014
- Who Really Made Your Perfume….. 13. Jun, 2012
- Creating a Moisturiser for Oily or Combination Skin 30. Jul, 2012
- The Cost Of Perfume Part 2 – Packaging 29. Jan, 2014
- Self Sufficiency Courses Come To Bermondsey Fayre 10. Sep, 2010
- The Osmotheque comes to London 20. May, 2015
- Floral Fragrances 13. May, 2015
- Muguet for May Day 01. May, 2015
- Do you have your own business or dream of starting one? 19. Feb, 2015
- Why you need to “Swiftify” your business in 2015 05. Jan, 2015
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Mac, I do have an online course that you can do...
- Karen Gilbert: That's great Angie - glad you like them...
- Mac: Hi Karen, I just wanted to say that I had always ...
- Angie: Got these today, they are great bottles, super fas...
- Karen Gilbert: They are back in stock now Serge...