Pretty vintage pillboxes are very easy to find in antique shops or markets and make perfect containers for solid perfumes. Using a solid perfume is a luxurious experience in itself as the oils and waxes warm on the skin gently releasing the scent. You can blend oils and absolutes purely for their fragrance appeal […]
I had a question this week from Annette asking for a body moisturiser for dry skin. She has found shea butter to be very effective but really wanted to mix it with something else. This reminded me of a lotion bar tutorial I did a while ago for Videojug and I realised I hadn’t added […]
Happy Valentines Day! The fact that it’s Valentines day got me thinking about a little business I had way back when I was just starting to get to grips with the internet – I know, romantic huh! Actually it was also the fact that I was looking through some old notebooks for simple fragrance formulae […]
One of the questions I get asked most often is how to make a moisturiser for an oily or combination skin. Having this type of skin myself I understand the reluctance to put more oil on the skin and the confusion as to what ingredients to include when making your own creams and lotions When […]
Today, I’m going to show you how to make homemade hand cream. So, what you’ll need is 15 mL of jojoba oil, 6 grams of emulsifying wax, 6 grams of cetyl alcohol and 10 grams of shea butter. You’ll also need 55 mL of water or flower water, 1ml preservative, 5 mL of glycerine, which […]
This recipe is from my book A Green Guide To Natural Beauty
Making a homemade body butter can be one of the most natural moisturizers you can possibly use, you know exactly what is in it, and it is by far a healthier alternative. Today, I’m going to show you how to make homemade body butter. For this, you’re going to need 15 grams of shea butter, […]
Sign Up To My Mailing List
- Mahesh G. said Myrrh, nagarmotha and jatamasi (spikenard) have to...
- casim nhlapo said Thank you karen. I’ll order it
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Chantelle Yes it is, I think the quality is goo...
- Karen Gilbert said Hi Casim My book is out in September on Amazon her...
- Chantelle said Is your apricot kernel oil from Naturally Thinking...
- The Art and Technology of Perfumery Workshop 12. May, 2013
- Who Really Made Your Perfume….. 13. Jun, 2012
- Creating a Moisturiser for Oily or Combination Skin 30. Jul, 2012
- Self Sufficiency Courses Come To Bermondsey Fayre 10. Sep, 2010
- REPLACE YOUR BATHROOM CABINET 24. Jul, 2010
- New Online Perfume Course 30. Oct, 2013
- Malaysia Perfumery Adventures 08. Oct, 2013
- The Alchemist’s Dressing Table 27. Aug, 2013
- MAKE A SOLID PERFUME 27. Aug, 2013
- Are you going to join me on one of my last few classes this year? 22. Jul, 2013
- Mahesh G.: Myrrh, nagarmotha and jatamasi (spikenard) have to...
- casim nhlapo: Thank you karen. I'll order it...
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Chantelle Yes it is, I think the quality is go...
- Karen Gilbert: Hi Casim My book is out in September on Amazon he...
- Chantelle: Is your apricot kernel oil from Naturally Thinking...