An Introduction to Perfumery
This workshop in natural perfumery will give you the opportunity to gain a basic understanding of the history of perfumery and then work with a variety of materials to design your own natural fragrances. You will have plenty of hands on experience in blending and creating your own accords and finished fragrances.
All materials and equipment are provided and no previous experience is necessary. All you need is imagination and a love of perfumery.
- The History of Perfume
- Where Do Fragrance Ingredients Come From and How Are They Made
- The Sense of Smell and What it Means To Us
- The Beginners Guide to Training your Nose
- Top, Middle and Base notes and Why They Are Important
- Practical Blending Techniques
By the end of this 1 day course you will:
- Have an understanding of the historical significance of fragrance
- Have learned about the different natural ingredients used in perfumery
- Easily be able to classify natural aromatic ingredients into the different fragrance families
- Have practised blending top middle and base notes to create simple fragrances