Perfumery Workshop, UK
Read my review HERE
The Art and Technology of Perfumery
Perfumery Course and Workshop
Date: 17th – 21st July 2017
Venue: Hanger Farm Arts Centre (Near Southampton)
3 part installment plan until 30th April 2017 BOOK HERE
I am really excited to be hosting this workshop in the UK for Stephen and the Perfumer’s World Team for the 6th year running! This year we have a fabulous space on the edge of the New Forest (15 minutes drive from Southampton central). Hanger Farm is an 18th Century Barn that is now used as a gallery and arts centre.
Read more about Stephen HERE
Workshop price includes lunch every day and refreshments, all materials PLUS a free copy of the fantastic Perfumer’s World Software! (I use this myself and it is invaluable)
“PerfumersWorld” will be holding a 5 day workshop in The Art and Technology Of Perfumery in the UK for a small group of participants commencing Monday 17th July 2017 through Friday 21st July 2017, 10 am to 5pm.
Mr.Stephen V. Dowthwaite (a perfumer with 40+ years experience) and the PerfumersWorld Team will present the course
Includes theoretical training sessions Monday to Friday followed by workshops with access to hundreds of commercially available perfumery materials including essential oils, absolutes, isolates, aroma chemicals and specialty key bases. Because these classes form a semi-private tuition format your personal objectives can be targeted very well during the training. An ideal option for those who prefer personal training with a a live instructor. The size of the Master Classes with Workshops is strictly limited, ensuring that each students specific requirements can be catered for.
To learn more about PerfumersWorld, watch the following video:
The workshop is not for the faint hearted, it is very intensive and participants are likely to learn more in 5 full days than they will learn working in a perfumery house for a year or more. Subjects covered will be perfume creation, commercial perfumery, natural perfumery, aromatherapy, spa and lifestyle products.
The Art and Technology of Perfumery – International Syllabus
- commercial perfumery,
- natural perfumery,
- spa and lifestyle products.
A unique interactive, learning by doing method of training. Each subject starts at the beginning and goes to a high level in easy to follow stages. No matter what your level when you start, whether a complete newbie or a pHD with 30 years experience in the industry you will progress exponentially.
- Safety First
- What is perfume?
- Perfume structure overview
- Odour classification
- Workshop: Making your first perfumes
- Smelling techniques
- Synaesthesia, the secret language of smell
- Odour description
- The Perfumer’s Workbook Software (included)
- Workshop: Developing a perfume using The Perfumer’s Workbook
- Theories of why things have smells
- Making scents and sense of aroma chemical names
- Overview of Natural perfumery materials
- Synthetic perfumery materials
- Workshop: Using natural and synthetic aroma materials
- Aromatherapy – theory and practice
- Aromachology – the psychology of smell
- Spa and lifestyle products
- Natural Perfumery
- Workshop: Making perfect natural blends
- Composing Perfumes
- Creative techniques
- Formulating by function
- Overcoming creative blocks
- Workshop: Creating original perfumes
- Perfume Applications
- Ingredients and formulating
- Perfume products in home and industry
- Solving problems with perfume in applications
- Workshop: Creating perfumes for products
- Storage of perfume and raw materials
- Quality Control methods
- Quality Assurance
- Safety Last:
- The ‘X’ Factor
- Workshop: Putting it all together, creating for projects.
FREE: A registered version of the World’s best perfume creation software for Windows, exclusive to PerfumersWorld students, included with the course.
Please see the COURSES BOOKING page for up-to-date events and to book your place.