Perfumery Workshop, UK 2019
The Art and Technology of Perfumery
Perfumery Foundation Course and Workshop
Date: 22nd to 26th July 2019
Professional Course and Workshop
Date:29th July to 2nd August 2019 plus 5th to 9th August 2019
Venue: Winchester University (direct trains from London Waterloo)
Read my review HERE
I am really excited to be hosting this workshop in the UK for the Perfumer’s World Team for the 8th year running! This year we are running the course at Winchester University which is easy to access from London and has plenty of affordable accommodation options within walking distance.
Workshop price includes lunch every day and refreshments, all materials PLUS a free copy of the fantastic Perfumer’s World Software! (I use this myself and it is invaluable)
The PerfumersWorld Team will present the course
Includes theoretical training sessions Monday to Friday followed by workshops with access to hundreds of commercially available perfumery materials including essential oils, absolutes, isolates, aroma chemicals and specialty key bases. Because these classes form a semi-private tuition format your personal objectives can be targeted very well during the training. An ideal option for those who prefer personal training with a a live instructor. The size of the Master Classes with Workshops is strictly limited, ensuring that each students specific requirements can be catered for.
To learn more about PerfumersWorld, watch the following video:
The workshop is not for the faint hearted, it is very intensive and participants are likely to learn more in 5 full days than they will learn working in a perfumery house for a year or more. Subjects covered will be perfume creation, commercial perfumery, natural perfumery, aromatherapy, spa and lifestyle products.
- Safety First
- What is perfume?
- Perfume structure overview
- Odour classification
- Workshop: Making your first perfumes
- Smelling techniques
- Synaesthesia, the secret language of smell
- Odour description
- The Perfumer’s Workbook Software (included)
- Workshop: Developing a perfume using The Perfumer’s Workbook
- Theories of why things have smells
- Making scents and sense of aroma chemical names
- Overview of Natural perfumery materials
- Synthetic perfumery materials
- Workshop: Using natural and synthetic aroma materials
- Aromatherapy – theory and practice
- Aromachology – the psychology of smell
- Spa and lifestyle products
- Natural Perfumery
- Workshop: Making perfect natural blends
- Composing Perfumes
- Creative techniques
- Formulating by function
- Overcoming creative blocks
- Workshop: Creating original perfumes
- Perfume Applications
- Ingredients and formulating
- Perfume products in home and industry
- Solving problems with perfume in applications
- Workshop: Creating perfumes for products
- Storage of perfume and raw materials
- Quality Control methods
- Quality Assurance
- Safety Last:
- The ‘X’ Factor
- Workshop: Putting it all together, creating for projects.
FREE: A registered version of the World’s best perfume creation software for Windows, exclusive to PerfumersWorld students, included with the course.
Please see the BOOKING page for up-to-date events and to book your place.