Weekend Artisan Perfumery Class
This weekend workshop in artisan perfumery will give you the opportunity to gain a basic understanding of how a fragrance is created using both natural and synthetic materials.
You will have plenty of hands on experience and have the opportunity to create your own fragrance using the materials provided. This class can be attended as a follow on from the Introduction to Perfumery Class or as a stand alone workshop
All materials and equipment are provided and no previous experience is necessary. All you need is imagination and a love of perfumery.
- The key materials used in perfumery today
- An overview of the fragrance industry
- Building your olfactory vocabulary
- The different methods of creating a finished fragrance
- Practical perfumery techniques
By the end of this 2 day course you will have:
- An understanding of the different ways a fragrance is created
- Learned how to recognise and describe different notes in a fragrance
- Discovered a quick and easy way of building accords and finished fragrances
- Created your own fragrance using a combination of naturals and synthetics
Not Sure which class to choose?
During this class we will have plenty of time to study many natural and synthetic raw materials used in perfumery today. To get the most from this weekend you may wish to attend the Introduction To Perfumery one day first but it is not necessary. Due to the diverse nature of students that attend my classes they often vary each time I teach, depending on the group’s needs and although the classes are always very structured there is always time to include individual questions and goals.
This class runs over two days to enable as much practical work as possible without it feeling rushed. We will be using a lot more materials than in the one day class and the introduction of synthetic materials will enable you to create a much wider range of fragrances than using naturals alone. If you already attended classes but wish to experiment with more materials or work on a specific project then this class will also be ideal for you.
It is possible that there may be a material that you particularly want to use – please let me know at the time of booking and I will do my best to bring it along.